An alkaline diet is a diet that maintains a balanced pH level in the body by controlling the alkaline nature of the fluid. Many health conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, vitamin D deficiency, and low bone density to name a few can be prevented by following a regular alkaline food chart.
An alkaline food chart includes fresh fruits and vegetables, unprocessed foods which help in protecting the healthy cells in the body. There are many other benefits from alkaline foods such as have preventing the formation of plaque in the blood vessels, preventing the formation of calcium stones in kidneys and other areas of the body, reducing the blood pressure, etc.
The alkaline levels of the body constantly change in a day depending on the intake of diet, the last time when you passed urine, etc. The pH levels vary between 7.35 and 7.45 depending on the conditions as mentioned above. The pH levels of the tissues and fluids are what is considered as the pH levels of the body. The pH levels can also vary in different parts of the body. The levels of magnesium and potassium in the body decrease by consuming food with high levels of sodium.
Let us look at the benefits of following a diet as per the alkaline food chart:
The alkaline food chart includes a diet that helps to protect the bone density and muscle mass. The bones and muscles get damaged by taking food to more acid levels. The alkaline rich foods such as vegetables and fresh fruits help in maintaining the alkaline levels of the body which in turn helps in maintaining the ratio of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium etc.
The alkaline diet helps in lowering hypertension and stroke. The diet in the alkaline food chart helps in decreasing the inflammation and increases the production of hormones in the body. This diet also helps in improving the cardiovascular health, maintaining the cholesterol levels, hypertension, stroke, memory loss, etc.
The alkaline diet helps in lowering the chronic pain and inflammation in the body. The high acidic levels in the body lead to many problems such as back pain, headaches, joint pain, etc. The more alkaline the diet is, the lesser these problems will be in the body.
The alkaline diet helps in absorbing the vitamins and other minerals into the bloodstream. Many health-related issues such as heart complications, headaches, anxiety, insomnia, muscle pains etc. are controlled by taking the alkaline rich diet.
The alkaline diet helps in improving the immunity of the body and also protects from cancer. This diet also helps in flushing the toxins from the body by maintaining the mineral and vitamin levels in the body.
The alkaline diet helps in maintaining a healthy weight by allowing us to take the correct amount of food and making us feel satisfied. Let us look at some alkaline foods:
- Organic food that is grown in alkaline rich soil has more minerals and vitamins compared to the vegetables and fruits that are grown in the acidic soil. So choosing the right kind of organic vegetables and fruits depending on where they are grown is important.
- Some of the alkaline rich vegetables and fruits are mushrooms, citrus fruits, avocado, black radish, broccoli, cabbage, celery, beetroot, cucumber, green beans, ginger, garlic, watermelon, bananas etc.
- Many nuts such as almonds and bean varieties such as lima beans, navy beans etc. are considered as alkaline rich foods. All raw vegetables and fruits are alkaline foods which maintain the alkaline nature of the body.
- Many drinks made from green vegetables and many varieties of grass are alkaline in nature and help in maintaining the alkaline nature of the blood.
- Food rich in proteins and dairy products such as yogurt, milk etc. have good pH levels and help in maintaining the alkaline nature of the body.
Let us look at some of the foods that are acidic nature so that they are consumed in a limit to maintain the pH levels of the body.
- Processed food and canned foods contain high levels of sodium chloride which restricts the blood flow and creates acidity in the body.
- Some processed foods such as corn flakes are acidic in nature. It may be shocking, but it is true and is consumed by many all over the world as breakfast.
- Alcohol, caffeine drinks, eggs, milk when consumed in large quantities can increase the acidity in the body as these foods are acidic in nature. Many kinds of grains such as wheat, oats, etc. are also acidic in nature and consuming these grains in large quantities can increase the acidity in the body.
Lack of exercise, radiation from microwaves and cell phones, excessive use of antibiotics and other medication can increase the acidity in the body. By incorporating the foods from the alkaline food chart, an individual can get fit and lead a healthy lifestyle. This also helps in maintaining the alkaline nature of the body.