Viagra is the trade name of sildenafil which is a drug used to treat erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil assists in helping and maintaining penile erection. While Viagra has helped many men, it also comes with many side effects. These include headaches, flushing, indigestion, and congestion of the nasal pathway.
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is a condition when a man finds it difficult to get or maintain an erection hard enough for sexual intercourse. Most men will experience a bout of erection problems on occasion for multiple reasons. However, if you suffer from erection problems frequently, there may be an underlying cause for it.
Alternatives to Viagra
Many men have used Viagra to solve any issues they may be having with erections. However, there is a growing breed of men who are uncomfortable with the side effects of Viagra and are trying alternate, natural methods.
Here are a few options that are considered to be natural Viagra that you must try.
There exist many supplements that are well known for their ability to help boost libido. Here are a few supplements that you must consider if you are suffering from any erection problems. Remember to consult with your physician before taking any of them.
Ginkgo Biloba is a herb that is traditionally used to boost memory. However, men who are suffering from erection problems due to antidepressants find that this herb helps with any erection issues. This herb works like natural Viagra.
Arginine is an amino acid that increases blood flow. It is most beneficial to men who have any problems with blood circulation.
DHEA helps our bodies make testosterone and estrogen.
Yohimbe should be taken under advisement of your doctor. When not taken in its purest form, this herb can cause anxiety and high blood pressure.
Many great natural foods can be used as natural Viagra. Here are a few:
- Almonds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which are an important factor in the production of testosterone. Almonds are also known to be an aphrodisiac. Eat them raw or incorporate them into your salad.
- Garlic causes the blood vessels to dilate thus increasing the amount of blood supply to the penis. A couple of pods of garlic can help with any erection issues.
- Chocolate is well known to increase libido and sexual drive. Have dark chocolate in moderation every day to see the effects.
- Pumpkin seeds are known to increase libido in both men and women. It is rich in vitamins and minerals. Zinc, in particular, is essential for the production of testosterone and maintaining a healthy sperm count. Sprinkle a fistful into your salads every day.
- Watermelons contain the amino acid citrulline which is well known for relaxing arteries and increasing sex drive. Have a glass of watermelon juice before any sexual activities.
- Ginger is a surprisingly powerful aphrodisiac that increases the body temperature, blood flow, and sex drive. Have a cup of ginger tea before engaging in sex.
- Raspberries contain phytochemicals that increase your ability feel sexually aroused. Add a few handfuls to a fruit salad or make a smoothie every morning.
- Figs help increase stamina so that the sex is prolonged and more pleasurable.
- Eggs are rich in vitamin B5 and B6. These vitamins are known to help with stress which is one of the major causes of erectile dysfunction.
- Bananas are a rich source of potassium which increases blood flow. It also is high in energy which will keep you going longer in bed. Have one every day as a snack.
- Chilies are great for blood flow and libido. Add a few extra chilies while you cook for your loved one. Just make sure that both you and your partner can handle the extra spice. All of these food items work like natural Viagra.
Natural Viagra recipes
There are multiple recipes you can make quite quickly to increase your sexual prowess.
- Watermelon and pomegranate juice in a ratio of 1:4 with a dash of lime is not just tasty but will help any erection issues you may have. Consume this juice on an empty stomach every day.
- Using half a watermelon and ten to twelve strawberries, make a smoothie for a solution that has no side effects. Add the juice of one lime to add depth, or skip this step and add milk instead.
Lifestyle changes for erection issues
Lifestyle is a big contributor to erectile problems. Making sure you maintain a healthy balance is a key to reducing stress.
- Eating a balanced diet which is rich in flavonoid-rich fruits have proven to help with erectile dysfunction.
- Blueberries, strawberries, and citrus fruits should be consumed regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Consult with a dietician if you are under or overweight.
- A regular exercise schedule will boost blood circulation and keep your weight in check.
- Research has shown the strong link between smoking and erectile dysfunction. Kick the butt for immediate results. The same applies to alcohol and drugs.
- Seek psychological treatment for help with any emotional trauma.
There are multiple natural foods and supplemennts you can eat as a natural Viagra alternative. Do thorough research and then eat it.