Chronic fatigue syndrome is a crippling disorder delineated by extreme exhaustion and fatigue that just doesn’t dissipate. Chronic fatigue syndrome is also termed as systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID), or myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME).
The culprits of chronic fatigue syndrome aren’t well known or contemplated. While some research suggests psychological stress, others say it can be due to virus infection, or a combination of both the contributors. To be honest, chronic fatigue syndrome is quite complicated to diagnose as there has been no trace of any contributors to the disease as yet, and the symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome are pretty common and seen in other diseases. Chronic fatigue syndrome has been around for a long time and is a largely recognizable medical condition. It has a tendency to affect anyone or anybody, but the patients are mostly women over the age of 40.
Since there is no particular cure for this ailment, there are a few treatments which help give relief to the symptoms related to chronic fatigue syndrome.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment
All you have to do to rule out chronic fatigue syndrome is alter and make few changes in your existing lifestyle, and you are likely to be successful in fighting the symptoms. Here are a few of the most recommended expert’s opinion and tips, in chronic fatigue syndrome treatment.
- Limit your intake of caffeine, as this would help you eradicate insomnia issue from your list.
- Limit your alcohol and nicotine as well.
- Try keeping away from afternoon naps if you feel that it keeps you awake at night.
- Build a neat routine for sleep.
- Try hitting the bed and waking up at a fixed time every single day, to avoid any indiscipline, this also trains your body about sleep routine.
- Ensure that you are pacing yourself during regular activities.
- Avoid overexerting, as that would only contribute to a worsened situation, bringing along more episodes of tiredness and fatigue.
- Keep yourself happy with things you love, instead of stressing yourself; be it emotionally or physically.
- Take time off from your work and regular chores to unwind and to indulge in activities that you enjoy doing.
According to claims and studies, there are two kinds of therapies that can lend satisfiable benefits to people dealing with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Psychological therapy that boosts your mindset and helps you with chronic fatigue syndrome treatment.
- Physical Therapy that can create an exercise routine that is custom made for you and actually accelerates in the intensity. This is termed as graded exercise therapy or GET. The aim is to basically help people get back to their normal pace of life in a steadfast manner.
- According to medical researchers, people with the following factors are seen to have responded to the treatment, better than others:
- They do not concentrate much on their symptoms.
- They have impairment of lower-levels.
- They adhere to counseling programs.
- They increase the pace to ignore too little, or too much exertion.
The physician you are consulting is the best person to help you decide which of the two therapies will better suit you and which one is the safest. What may work very well for one person, may prove to be fatal to the other.
To be honest, a single medicine can never be of any help for chronic fatigue syndrome treatment. You may also notice that the symptoms related to chronic fatigue syndrome are changing over time. Moreover, chronic fatigue syndrome can bring along depression, and you might be requiring an antidepressant to fight it.
If altering your lifestyle isn’t of any help or is preventing you from getting a good night’s sleep, then your physician might suggest taking a sleeping aid. Painkillers can also help you in coping with joint pains and other aches triggered by chronic fatigue syndrome.
Participating in Support Groups
Support groups are generally the best information source and prove to be great in terms of sharing tips for chronic fatigue syndrome treatment. When in support groups, you can actually vent out your frustrations and issues with other people who have chronic fatigue syndrome. Try seeking help from your local physicians and hospitals for joining a support group.
Maintain a Healthy Diet
Keeping up with a proper and well-rounded diet with chronic fatigue syndrome is very important. Try consuming ample vegetables and fruits followed by legumes, cereals, lean meats, fish, poultry, grain, and low-fat dairy food items.
Follow these simple chronic fatigue syndrome treatment tips to rule out the irksome ailment forever, and you can lead as normal a life as anyone and one that others might take inspiration from.