Heart diseases are one of the top reasons for death all over the world. Heart diseases are caused to a person due to many reasons. But, a major reason, which always causes a heart disease, is a high level of cholesterol in the blood. Yes, the different levels of cholesterol in the blood are also responsible for causing diseases, which are directly related to the heart.
The cholesterol is an essential element, which is important in the physiological developments of a body. The standard level of cholesterol is good and important for a human body. But, a high level of it can impact badly on a heart. So, you should go through a cholesterol chart and control your cholesterol level for a healthy body.
First, you should understand, which level of cholesterol is good and which one is bad. Do you know the right level of it is good? If not, then it is vital to know. We have arranged few important things about cholesterol level in this article, which will help you to educate on this.
What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a waxy substance, which presents in the cells, membranes and every part of the body. With the help of cholesterol, many important processes have taken place including a production of vitamin D, bile juice and any other hormones, which is helpful in the different processes of the human body. But, the excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood can lead to narrowing the size of arteries, which increase the danger of blood strokes and heart attacks.
How to check your level of cholesterol?
You can check your cholesterol level in the blood by conducting a simple blood test. This test measures the level of cholesterol in the blood, which is determined in the three categories, which are as follows:
- Low-density lipoproteins (LDL) cholesterol
- High-density lipoproteins (HDL) cholesterol
The test helps you to know that your cholesterol level is accurate to your body, high than the requirement or low than the normal. So, you should go for the regular cholesterol level checkup at least at a once in 3 months. After the age of 30 years, the regular health check-up is essential for man and women both. The health check-up is included all essential body checks including cholesterol too. Do you know your level of cholesterol?
What is the good level of cholesterol?
The level of cholesterol regularly changes as per your habits and life routine. If you mostly follows a diet full of fats and are habitual to do smoking, then you will find a high level of cholesterol in your blood, which is increased the risk of heart attack. The following are the interpretations of total cholesterol levels.
- Less than 200 Mg/Dl is desirable
- 200 to 239 Mg/Dl is the borderline high risk
- 240 and above is high risk
These are the three levels of cholesterol chart, which determine the situation of your level. So, you can read your cholesterol level by the help of this value in a cholesterol chart and analyze what you should do to control the level of your cholesterol.
How can you control cholesterol?
After analyzing the cholesterol level, if you find it at high risk, then don’t worry. You can maintain a good level of it by following a healthy diet. Yes, you need to do some changes in your daily life routine for maintaining a healthy body. Here are the five life-changing tasks that you should opt for getting a healthy heart along with a fit body.
- First, you need to start your day with exercise. Give at least 10 to 15 minutes to exercise or yoga. Practice one which you like and make it your habit.
- Add green vegetables and low-fat diet in your schedule. Never skip your breakfast and do a healthy lunch and dinner. It is the time to say goodbye to all spicy and oily meals.
- Quit smoking today if your cholesterol level is high. It will also improve your blood pressure and decrease the risk of heart diseases.
- Take concern to lose your weight. The extra pounds contribute to increasing the level of cholesterol and invite many health issues apart from heart disease. So, start burning your fat from today.
- Say a strict no to drinks like alcohol. But, if you can’t, then use it moderately. Studies have proven that the little amount of alcohol can help you to maintain a healthy body. But the excessive use of it can cause a serious health issue. So, set a limit.
Now you know pretty well about the cholesterol level, cholesterol chart, and its significance. So, don’t be too late, check your levels on a cholesterol chart and start making efforts to control your cholesterol. A healthy body allows you to enjoy all the events in your life. That is why you should never compromise on your health.